Dont see whats eating my basil?

Will someone please help? Something is eating my basil! I cant see wha
it is. I found no eggs or nest of any sort, i have put eggshells and also have gravel. So its nt slugs or beetles. I also used an insec killing spray but nothing works. I hear crikets so I assume they ar next in line. What can i use against them? Unless someone knows what it is
-- edith
edith wrote:

What makes you think it isn't slugs?

USDA Zone 8
Maybe its more about someone making pesto than a pest?

Cereus-validus....... Wrote:

Hi- I dont see the slugs anymore but when I saw them and rarely, it wa just one. I put out gravel too and no site of them lately. I even g out and spy on the bugs at night hahaha What i do see are spiders and daddy longlegs and crickets Honestly I a perplexed..
-- edith
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:55:04 +0000, edith

Check for earwigs, if they exist in your area. In No. California they are voracious eaters of basil.