DOGWOOD WINTER!

Wow! Listened to customers today, ALL day during the cold rains and blustery winds telling me of 4 inches of snow in Jackson, Tennessee. Snow in Memphis. Snow in west Nashville......finally got to go to lunch at 3 and warm car.............ahhhhh and turned on the radio and heard them tell the listeners of winds gusting up above 60 mph, hail possibly of quarter size proportions, but realized I was listening to a further northeastward station since WNCW's tower in North Carolina was down. The storms did something to their main tower last night just before the violent thunderstorms hit the area.
Lots of feeding lightening around midnight but underplayed due to the heavy slate gray clouds that hung in low swaths and feathers almost seeming like they touched the hillsides and ground. The winds would kick up, I'd hunker closer to the little heaters in the cash register stall outside and thank my inner instinct this morning for putting on an undershirt, the pullover with the hood, and that my fuzzy jacket was out in the car waiting for me to get it and layer up. I just wish I'd left the legwarmers in the car too..........Tomorrow it will be more springlike, and Thursday even warmer. Ain't spring wonderful in Tennessee?? <GBSEG>
madgardener looking at temps right now in the upper 30's...................up on the ridge, back in Fairy HOller where the fairies are curled up under leaves and huddled together.
Tomorrow it will be more springlike, and Thursday even warmer.

a load of cedar mulch. To add insult to injury the cold front gave us less than a quarter inch of badly-needed moisture the prior night. I had to started a fire at Barb's demand. We didn't freeze but it was darned close. I even hauled in a few plants including a deutzia in its pot that had buds developing. <VBSEG>
John

(one with a hood) my fuzzy hat under the hood and a tee-shirt under the shirt........and thick jeans. Tomorrow they call for mid 60's.............How long should I wait for my little bitty deutzia to bud?? It's kinda sad looking.........and they're calling for a frost tonight and you can see SNOW on the mountains behind English Mountain....a beautiful sight as I came over the hill down towards my dead end. Took my breath away with the sun just kissing the slopes on the south. WIsh I'd had my camera with me. It changes so quickly................... maddie
madgardener wrote:

I can testify - I was in west Nashville and it was snowing! My cold frame certainly lived up to it's name yesterday. The honeysuckle is starting to bloom and the myrtle isn't far behind it. I planted some bush beans, carrots (little baby ones), snap peas and coreopsis on Sunday so at least the seeds most have enjoyed all that rain.
My tomato plants are itching to get into the ground - too soon but I'll set them back out tommorow when we hit the 70's again.
Peace,
Kate