dogwood trees

I have two dogwood trees that is around 8 feet tall after 20 years. Although I don't know the exact type of dogwood, all the literature I have read on dogwood say they grow to 15 to 20 feet tall.

This suits me just fine, because I don't like large trees anyway. I would like to plant another tree just like that. Is it easier to just buy one, or is there a way to spawn another dogwood tree from an existing one?

Reply to
peter

If your trees are producing berries you should have young trees sprouting up every spring. I give away 1st year seedlings every year. Otherwise, buy another. They are not expensive and you have 3 or4 years growth with the nursery plant.

BTW, mine are just common dogwood from the wild and some are 10 to 12 feet tall and some are well over 20 feet tall, depending on the amount of sun exposure.

Tom J

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J