Dogwood tree not feeling well

Hello, My dogwood in NJ gets this way every August. Watering doesnt help. It is in a shady spot in my yard and was planted about 5 yrs ago. Same problem every year, starts out OK. What can I do to fix this problem? Thanks. Pix at
http://www.rauth.com/pix/DSCF8634.JPG

✖
Its called a fungus.

Add pictures here
✖
Rick wrote:

Anthracnose perhaps. http://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/howtos/ht_dogwd/ht_dog.htm

USDA Zone 8
✖
Thanks for the link. That sure looks like it. I applied Neem about a month ago, which the label says will control Anthracnose, but I only applied it once. Rē
Rick wrote:

Anthracnose perhaps. http://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/howtos/ht_dogwd/ht_dog.htm

USDA Zone 8
✖

I doubt that anything you do will save a dogwood with anthracnose. I would consider removing the tree and replacing it with something else if indeed the diagnosis is anthracnose.
Add pictures here
✖
Rick wrote:

Anthracnose may be controlled but in the end it will kill the tree. Korean Dogwood (Cornus kousa) is resistant.

USDA Zone 8
✖