Dogs head plant

I have a strange looking plant in the back yard which has flowers that look like an animal's head.

It has orange flowers that look like ears, and a 'horn' with a purple flower ending in a point. Originally there were only two ears, but later the rest came out - it looks like a dogs head or something.

Anyone enlighten me as to what type of plant this is? It looks like some sort of orchid.

I'm in Melbourne, Australia, by the way.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
freeflytim

myrmecodia