Dog Repellent

Has anyone used a dog repellent or made a repellent that worked to keep dogs from tinkling in the yard?
I have used a dog repellent for my dogs inside my house and it doesn't work. Plus, the stuff smells like super concentrated dog piss. Well at least the type I got did. Best of luck to you. -Theo

12 gauge, squirrel loads. Or rock salt.
Jan