Dog question

My neighbors have two dogs and they put there kennel right by my gardens. My gardens are in three boxes about 2.5 feet away from the fence that the dogs are at. The dogs pee through the fence and kill the grass around my garden boxes. Are there any plants I can put along the fence that dogs don't like or go near? Someone told me to pee in a squirt bottle and spray it on the fence and the dogs won't pee there again. Is this true? I don't like the smell of dog poop when I am working in my garden! Any suggestions?
Thank you
You don't need to pee in a bottle. The person who told you to do that is messing with you. Don't listen to the jerk.
Buy a bag of urea fertilizer and a bag of bone meal and spread them liberally near where the dogs are. The combined scents should drive them nuts.

What kind of fence is it? Can you erect a short barrier to block the pee? Spraying the fence with your scent will probably cause the dogs to urinate there even more if it's territorial marking. If you water the area well pee shouldn't kill the grass though. The poop smell is another story... and short of asking your neighbors to move the kennel, I doubt there is anything you can do. I sympathize. Our neighbors started raising pigs on the fenceline a short distance upwind of our house. Smelled so bad we couldn't sit in the back yard or even open the windows! We complained as tactfully as possible and were lucky -- after the pigs got to slaughtering age they didn't replace them. Can you invite your neighbor over for a picnic lunch - set up next to your garden of course so the poop smell is unavoidable... then if you apologize for the smell, well, how can they not get the hint! Good luck. Karen

It's a chain link fence. My neighbors don't like us because the dogs kept on barking all through the night and we couldn't sleep so I said something about it to "Mr. Too Good" and he never has spoke to us again. His wife does though. In fact, after the talk they even got another dog thinking it would keep the other one quiet. After awhile they stopped barking. Now I have to deal with this.

good idea to put up a fence there then.

Well, that previous success shows that they do listen, and are willing to look for a solution, and the solution they found was successful.
So why not ask Mrs round and explain the problem ? If you give her a chance to solve it, perhaps she will.
Janet
put up a solid wood fence to keep pee from coming thru and block the drift of odor. put a squirt of dish soap into a bucket of water and use that to neutralize the odor.
we got dogs confined to a smallish area of our tiny backyard and have to pick up and deodorize all the time. the only other possibility is a "scarecrow" that puts out a blast of water keyed to a motion detector. set it so it only goes off if the dogs come right up to the fence. Ingrid

dog poop pretty much smells whether you are working in the garden or not. but I have found some websites that claim dogs don't like certain plants. sorry don't remember what they are or if they work, but a search should turn them up.
I will try your suggestions. Exept the electric fence one. thanx again.