Dog digging in flowerbed :(

hi everyone sorry i didnt introduce myself earlier im sockiescat and

live on a farm in ontario canada.

i have a problem that hopefully someone might be able to help me with we redid a couple of flowerbeds this year with new shrubs and som perennials. the problem that we are now having is my sons dog (which we ended u with lol) is now digging up those flowerbeds. its really getting to m because she is a medium size dog and digs huge holes to lay in. we have tried just about everything thinkable to try and stop her bu she just wont listen. does anyone have any suggestions as to what we might be able to try t stop the flowerbed digging dog. any help would be greatly appreciate thanks for any info you can give us. take care sockiesca

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat

Take to stupid bitch to the pound.

Problem solved.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

Yeah, bury the stupid bitch in concrete!!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

Sorry you weren't clear, the owner or the dog?

-S

Reply to
Snooze

Do you remember those clear plastic carpet runners that old ladies used to use that had the rubber prongs on the underneath? Maybe try turning this upside down and surrounding the flower bed. I know cats don't like the feel of them on their feet ( good in trying to keep them off kitchen counters at night) maybe dogs won't like it either. try it, and hopefully you can get the dog trained before next spring

Reply to
Lynn

The dog, of course.

That's the one digging the holes, isn't it?

Might as well fill it up with something permanent.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

That wouldn't work.

Dogs are too stupid to figure it out.

How about wrapping the stupid bitch up in the carpet and dropping on a rail road track? The train will take of the rest.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

Bad idea. Too easy to find the remains. You need to watch more Sopranos episodes. :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I'm sure you'll get lots of "shoot it" type answers from the truely ignorant and disturbed wacko's on the group, but the real answer is training. It sounds like the dog is making itself a nice shady cool day bed where she can watch the "action" Is there another spot you could encourage her to use? That is the positive side. Praise the digging in the "right" spot and scold in the wrong spot. AS for the other negative reinforcement, you may have good luck with a motion activated water sprikler/sprayer. When she comes to dig she will set it off and get soaked, and the garden will get a brief sprinkle. Most dogs hate being sprayed with water. One of mine does, but the other loves it and will deliberately set off the sprinkler we have out front to discourage deer when she gets the chance.

Reply to
Rick

I just read some of the other answers and figured you probably gave up so I changed the header and resent this. It's amasing how many people rape their kids and turn the little monsters they create loose on society isn't it? When they pile on like this it does make it easy to get them all in your kill file at once. I notice 3 are posting from the same computer -LOL

[...]

Brilliant. Then you have a wet, smelly dog that's going to take 2 days to dry, unless you want to spend an hour with the dog and a hair dryer. Perhaps you could provide a solution that would be appropriate for dog owners who don't have that much time to waste.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Are you saying that you rape your kids, Rickola? That hardly qualifies you to be one to be giving advice except to your fellow Klan members.

We are talking about a dumb animal here not your personal problems with your own evil spawn.

No matter what you do, the dog is still going to act out like a dog.

The only way to really solve the problem is to get rid of the dimwitted fleabag.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

Persistent digging (like biting or persistent barking or chewing everyone's stuff to pieces) tends to be a neurotic behavior, usually caused by some degree of bad socialization or neglect or loneliness or stress in the dog's life, all invariably the fault of the owner. Once a bad behavior begins, it will not stop until you have gone through some strict training alongside the dog with a trainer expert in modifying harmful behaviors in dogs -- & harmful care techniques of owners. People unwilling to invest the time, money, & training required to have a healthy happy well-behaved dog should meet the same fates as most of these poor animals.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

That's the whole idea.

It makes an example for the other dogs to see.

"I knew it was you, Fido. You broke my heart."

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

Yeah, but you don't want to get caught. No point in wasting time trying to explain to the judge that a dog is precisely equal to a mosquito, and should be dealt with in the same way.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

"Its nothing personal, just business."

Bad things tend happen when you dishonor the family.

At least Fido should go just like no good the dog he is, you know what I mean? Let's just say he's dug his own grave. The animal cops will come and take him away and he won't be coming back.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

Try laying a piece of concrete reinforcement wire or a cattle panel on the ground in the bed and cover it with mulch. That should discourage the dog very quickly when it tries to dig.

-Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Yeah, set a trap and bloody those paws.

That should teach that no good varmint.

Who's going to clean up all that blood when it gets tracked all over the house on the rugs and the furniture?

That idea is even dumber that the dog.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

I didn't say barbed wire. Have you ever seen a cattle panel? The wire is smooth and almost 1/4" diameter.

Regards, Bob

Cereus-validus-........... wrote:

Reply to
zxcvbob