Dog digging in flowerbed :(

Page 1 of 2
hi everyone sorry i didnt introduce myself earlier im sockiescat and
live on a farm in ontario canada.
i have a problem that hopefully someone might be able to help me with we redid a couple of flowerbeds this year with new shrubs and som perennials. the problem that we are now having is my sons dog (which we ended u with lol) is now digging up those flowerbeds. its really getting to m because she is a medium size dog and digs huge holes to lay in. we have tried just about everything thinkable to try and stop her bu she just wont listen. does anyone have any suggestions as to what we might be able to try t stop the flowerbed digging dog. any help would be greatly appreciate thanks for any info you can give us. take care sockiesca
-- sockiescat
Take to stupid bitch to the pound.
Problem solved.

Yeah, bury the stupid bitch in concrete!!!!

Sorry you weren't clear, the owner or the dog?
-S
The dog, of course.
That's the one digging the holes, isn't it?
Might as well fill it up with something permanent.

Do you remember those clear plastic carpet runners that old ladies used to use that had the rubber prongs on the underneath? Maybe try turning this upside down and surrounding the flower bed. I know cats don't like the feel of them on their feet ( good in trying to keep them off kitchen counters at night) maybe dogs won't like it either. try it, and hopefully you can get the dog trained before next spring
--
:) Lynn

"sockiescat" < snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk> wrote in message
That wouldn't work.
Dogs are too stupid to figure it out.
How about wrapping the stupid bitch up in the carpet and dropping on a rail road track? The train will take of the rest.

Bad idea. Too easy to find the remains. You need to watch more Sopranos episodes. :-)

That's the whole idea.
It makes an example for the other dogs to see.
"I knew it was you, Fido. You broke my heart."

Yeah, but you don't want to get caught. No point in wasting time trying to explain to the judge that a dog is precisely equal to a mosquito, and should be dealt with in the same way.

"Its nothing personal, just business."
Bad things tend happen when you dishonor the family.
At least Fido should go just like no good the dog he is, you know what I mean? Let's just say he's dug his own grave. The animal cops will come and take him away and he won't be coming back.

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 01:08:18 +0000, sockiescat

I'm sure you'll get lots of "shoot it" type answers from the truely ignorant and disturbed wacko's on the group, but the real answer is training. It sounds like the dog is making itself a nice shady cool day bed where she can watch the "action" Is there another spot you could encourage her to use? That is the positive side. Praise the digging in the "right" spot and scold in the wrong spot. AS for the other negative reinforcement, you may have good luck with a motion activated water sprikler/sprayer. When she comes to dig she will set it off and get soaked, and the garden will get a brief sprinkle. Most dogs hate being sprayed with water. One of mine does, but the other loves it and will deliberately set off the sprinkler we have out front to discourage deer when she gets the chance.

Brilliant. Then you have a wet, smelly dog that's going to take 2 days to dry, unless you want to spend an hour with the dog and a hair dryer. Perhaps you could provide a solution that would be appropriate for dog owners who don't have that much time to waste.
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:20:48 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

Once or twice is all it usually takes, and dogs dry all by themselves just like eveything else that gets wet.

Great, but they stink when they're dry, and they're even worse when they're wet. Sorry. No prize for you today.

Well, I think a wet dog smells pretty nice compared to a dog that has been rolling happily all over a magotty dead racoon.
-paghat the ratgirl
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:55:37 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

I am crushed. It did work for me, and does work for others but YMMV. How do you think you smell to them?

How about fencing the area off with a chicken wire fence or something similar and then try to train the dog to dig in his/her designated area? It worked with our mutt. Maybe it will work with yours. Suzy O

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 01:08:18 +0000, sockiescat

I just read some of the other answers and figured you probably gave up so I changed the header and resent this. It's amasing how many people rape their kids and turn the little monsters they create loose on society isn't it? When they pile on like this it does make it easy to get them all in your kill file at once. I notice 3 are posting from the same computer -LOL
I'm sure you'll get lots of "shoot it" type answers from the truely ignorant and disturbed wacko's on the group, but the real answer is training. It sounds like the dog is making itself a nice shady cool day bed where she can watch the "action" Is there another spot you could encourage her to use? That is the positive side. Praise the digging in the "right" spot and scold in the wrong spot. AS for the other negative reinforcement, you may have good luck with a motion activated water sprikler/sprayer. When she comes to dig she will set it off and get soaked, and the garden will get a brief sprinkle. Most dogs hate being sprayed with water. One of mine does, but the other loves it and will deliberately set off the sprinkler we have out front to discourage deer when she gets the chance.
Are you saying that you rape your kids, Rickola? That hardly qualifies you to be one to be giving advice except to your fellow Klan members.
We are talking about a dumb animal here not your personal problems with your own evil spawn.
No matter what you do, the dog is still going to act out like a dog.
The only way to really solve the problem is to get rid of the dimwitted fleabag.