Does your garden faucet have hot as well as cold water?

Page 1 of 2
I went by a faucet shop to see what kind of garden faucets are available. I was surprised when the salesman showed me a couple with hot- and cold-water connections.
I thought, who waters their lawn with hot water? But the guy made a decent point that if you want to wash your deck or something similar, it may be good to have warm water.
OK, good point, and I might go for it, but still I can't remember ever seeing a garden faucet with hot water connection. Have you seen it, or even better, does your garden have such a connection? If so, do you find it useful in practice?

winter water is a bad idea in northern illinois UNLESS you have a "PARK MODEL"...you gotta wrap the standpipe and then you gotta wrap the supply line...leave the spigot cracked - etc...not worth the trouple
-- hth
In article

Sorry pete, but all you need in northern illinois is freeze-proof faucets. ANY home center or plumbing supply has them.
--
Jim

thank you jim i stand improved...or malproved - misproved - nonproved...whatever
When I want hot water I let the black hose lie about in the sun. Frivolous as I am I pour that hot water about so as not boil my plants.
Bill who has thought about jumping through the ice after sauna.
<http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=cold+water+baths & ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

No, you don't need hott water to wash your goddamned deck. This is yet another example of the shithead Gracious Living virus.
--
This signature can be appended to your outgoing mesages. Many people include in
their signatures contact information, and perhaps a joke or quotation.

Hot water is nice for washing a car on a cold day.

My 1994 corolla was washed once.
Bill whose son did it.
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

my driveway drains into the foxx river, so i only go to car washes and listen to Rose Royce.
.max
--
This signature can be appended to your outgoing mesages. Many people include in
their signatures contact information, and perhaps a joke or quotation.
Brent P wrote:

I thought that's what the Mexis at the car wash were for...
-- Best Greg
.net:

well, not having a deck, i wouldn't wash it with "hott" water. i do, however, have dogs & assorted livestock which i bathe every so often & i do use warm water, both because it's more comfortable for the animal & because soap washes out better with warm than it does with cold. i've been considering switching the outside faucet to one of the temp. adjustable ones, but currently it's just as easy to run a hose out from the sett tub in the basement (which is actually closer to the barn than the exterior hose bibb on the house)
lee <hardly living graciously>
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there

its spelt hott, naught "hott"
--
This signature can be appended to your outgoing mesages. Many people include in
their signatures contact information, and perhaps a joke or quotation.

Actually, it's spelt "aitch two aught", is it not?
-- YOP...
Nicko wrote:

Tis "haitch two aught," all right.

Very interesting. Things are so boring over at chi.general that nobody has posted nuthin'. It looks as if it has fallen to us to baby sit them:-( They tell us to go away but we are all they've got. Check these sorry suckers out at chi.general.
--

Billy

of course. and it's "not", not "naught", which means zero. the acceptability of "spelt" vs "spelled" depends on your side of the pond... lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there

ewe thimk sew?
--
This signature can be appended to your outgoing mesages. Many people include in
their signatures contact information, and perhaps a joke or quotation.

Eye dew bee leave her, knot hymn.
- Mark Twain never had any use for a person who only knew one way to spell a word.
--

Billy

who the fuck are you?
Newbie wrote: