Does anyone else think that garden gnomes are...

..creepy? My daughter says she is scared of them!

Reply to
Flaming Tresses

Sometimes they can be quite funny.

I'm a docent at a foundation's garden. In the Mission Courtyard Garden, there is a gnome under an orange tree. It's a smiling, fat friar (unpainted concrete) with his hands raised out to the side palms up, as if in prayer. When there are ripe oranges in the tree, one or both hands are often holding fruit.

Reply to
David E. Ross

"David E. Ross" wrote in news:OfGdnWEcjbltzejbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@iswest.net:

I just posted photos of a blooming Voodoo Lily over in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens and after I posted them I noticed what looks to be the hat of a garden gnome under the lily. I was just trying to figure out how I could get over there and make it look like the elf was holding his nose (perhaps a clothespin?) without them noticing when I saw this post.

Frankly, I don't put them in my garden but I can think of lots of evil things to do with them. :)

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Profile:

View this thread:
old is your daughter? Please don't tell us she's 35 ! :)

Reply to
Gary