do not want to loose a soil but want to grow vegetables on the slope.

I have a slope in my backyard. about 15 years ago I have set up some terraces, brought good and expensive soil and planted vegetables. First year it was great but after that the organic matter have leached out and plants started to get sick.

I want to do it again, but do not want to loose a soil.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Mark

I have a slope in my backyard. about 15 years ago I have set up some terraces, brought good and expensive soil and planted vegetables. First year it was great but after that the organic matter have leached out and plants started to get sick.

I want to do it again, but do not want to loose a soil.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Mark

I have a slope in my backyard. about 15 years ago I have set up some terraces, brought good and expensive soil and planted vegetables. First year it was great but after that the organic matter have leached out and plants started to get sick.

I want to do it again, but do not want to loose a soil.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Mark

For the healthiest plants it's recommend you rotate your crops or flowers. Don't grow the same plants in the same place every year.

Reply to
Mindful

I add bagged manure and mulch every year. but some veggies are susceptible to diseases and you may need to "solarize" your soil with clean plastic to prevent disease. Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Reply to
dr-solo

Reply to
bamboo