do not want to loose a soil but want to grow vegetables on the slope.

I have a slope in my backyard. about 15 years ago I have set up some terraces, brought good and expensive soil and planted vegetables. First year it was great but after that the organic matter have leached out and plants started to get sick.
I want to do it again, but do not want to loose a soil.
Any ideas?
I have a slope in my backyard. about 15 years ago I have set up some terraces, brought good and expensive soil and planted vegetables. First year it was great but after that the organic matter have leached out and plants started to get sick.
I want to do it again, but do not want to loose a soil.
Any ideas?
I have a slope in my backyard. about 15 years ago I have set up some terraces, brought good and expensive soil and planted vegetables. First year it was great but after that the organic matter have leached out and plants started to get sick.
I want to do it again, but do not want to loose a soil.
Any ideas?

For the healthiest plants it's recommend you rotate your crops or flowers. Don't grow the same plants in the same place every year.
I add bagged manure and mulch every year. but some veggies are susceptible to diseases and you may need to "solarize" your soil with clean plastic to prevent disease. Ingrid

You have to continuously add organic material. A deep organic mulch will limit the amount of washed out soil and continuously replenish what you have, so would a living mulch like dutch clover. Mark wrote: