Do Grubs kill the lawn

Do grubs kill the lawn. I know they attract varmints like voles that do kill parts of a lawn, but do grubs themselves eat the grass or roots?

Thanks

Reply to
**Developer**

They eat the roots. It is a matter of numbers. Lawns can sustain a moderate infestation of grubs. There comes a point where damage becomes significant and the lawn spirals downward.

Reply to
Vox Humana

In article , snipped-for-privacy@a-znet.com says... :) Do grubs kill the lawn. I know they attract varmints like voles that do kill :) parts of a lawn, but do grubs themselves eat the grass or roots? :) :) :) :) Thanks :) :) :) The way you can tell grub damage to the lawn is the dead area is basically sitting on the soil like a throw rug. You will be to pick it right up. All I have seen has been in areas of the lawn rather than the entire lawn...probably a 6'x 10' section is the largest I have seen.

Reply to
Lar

Thanks

Reply to
**Developer**

Thanks

Reply to
**Developer**

Even if they don't kill the grass plant directly, the grass becomes more susceptible to drought damage or other lawn diseases (i.e. fungi).

-al sung Hopkinton, MA (Zone 6a)

Reply to
Alan Sung

If they eat the roots why wouldn't that kill the plant. Is it that they do not eat the top most part of the roots because they are not at the surface.

So if I lift a plant and see roots one inch long, I might still suspect grubs?

Thanks

Reply to
**Developer**