Do Earwigs damage garden plants ?

I have an insect problem in my garden, mainly the Broccoli and the Collards and the green bean leaves are being totally eaten away by something. Small holes to large holes in the leaves to entire leaves being eaten and of course really hurting the plants.
I thought it was a slug problem though I didnt go out at night and look.
I put some slug traps out last night with beer, and this morning I didnt see any slugs in them at all, But they were all completely filled with earwigs.
Could these earwigs be what is eating the plants ? Thank You Craig
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says... :) I thought it was a slug problem though I didnt go out at night and :) look. :) :) I put some slug traps out last night with beer, and this morning I :) didnt see any slugs in them at all, :) But they were all completely filled with earwigs. :) :) Could these earwigs be what is eating the plants ? :) :) It could be if the population are high. The damage can look like slug damage, but to know is once again go out at night and look. If it is earwig you could plant alyssum, dill, calendula(garden marigold) or fennel, which attracts the tachinid fly, an earwig predator. Instead of beer you may use vegetable or fish oil for traps.
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS