Diseased Norway Maple?

Hello all,
I have a 60-year-old Norway Maple in front of my house. It was planted by and is still owned by the City of Toronto. For the first time I have noticed large yellow blotches on almost all the leaves. Is this indicative of a disease?
The only thing different about this summer is that it has been wetter and cooler than usual.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Denny
Images at
http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/NorwayMaple.jpg
http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/MapleLeaf.jpg
Hi Denny, I am in Toronto and I live in dtwn. TOday walking along Front St I noticed the same yelowish patches in the street maples....I am also wondering whats that.....fungus?
--
Paulo
"Nudest" < snipped-for-privacy@ca.inter.net> wrote in message
In NY area yellow spots appearing in Norway maple trees are a common site in the urban forest. These are usually associated with a tar-spot (fungal) disease that is merely cosmetic.
--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC