diseased dwarf banana

Hi There:
I have Googled this and haven't come up with anything useful. I'm told that my dwarf banana plants are diseased but I haven't found any descriptions or pictures resembling that which "plagues" my plants. They are growing great and I didn't think there was a problem. There is not enough light for them to ever fruit even when I put them outside in the summer so its not like I'll be eating them. Basically, the stalk is mottled. Does anyone know of a site that I can look it up on? Should I destroy them? It is not spreading to anything else.
Many Thanks Sally

Sally...Have a look at this sight !...I come from Oz (Sydney..Australia )...I didn't even know that any Bananas could be grown in a cold climate like yours !
http://www.bananatrees.info /
--
Bigbazza (Barry)..Oz

anybody know how the dwarf bananas do in tub culture? the reason I ask is I have had very good luck with figs. http://weloveteaching.com/landscape/figs/figgrove.htm I had RIPE bananas in california many years ago and they tasted completely different than what I get in the store. I was hoping I could grow em in tubs and move them into the heated garage for winter. Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at http://weloveteaching.com/puregold / sign up: http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?hl=en&q=puregold&qt_s=Group+lookup www.drsolo.com Solve the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the recommendations I make. AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE

Hi...Ingrid..Here are a couple of web sites that deal with Bananas in Tubs ..Hope they are of help to you !
http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/hortline/messages/3513.shtml
http://www.retirementwithapurpose.com/containers.html
--
Bigbazza (Barry)..Oz