Digging up Dahlias

The first frost have arrived and a few of the leaves have died but the plants are stll flowering. Is it time to dig up and overwinter or should I leave it a little longer ?

Also when they are eventually dug up, should I cut back the stem

Reply to
Dingleroad

You do not need to save anything above the soil surface and can wait until hard frost has mushed the foliage or dig them now.

Reply to
beecrofter