Dieffenbachia questions

X-No-Archive:yes

Just bought two Dieffenbachia plants for my screened porch. Some questions: How big will they grow? Do they require much light? Water? I have a curious cat - are the leaves poisonous? TIA

Reply to
JC

is your friend...

Reply to
Tom Randy

Maybe 2 to 3 feet, you are not looking for height so much as luxurious growth of leaves. With insufficient light they will grow taller and less leafy trying to get to the light. If your porch is cold they will likely die.

Strong light maybe a little filtered sun.

Water?

Yes, mainly in the growing season but they are not too fussy

Yes

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Thanks for the information - these plants are now going outdoors away from Sam (the cat)

Reply to
JC

Family Guy rules... :)

Reply to