Did he kill bare roots?

I bought 3 bare root roses from reputable source just before 3/4 accident that put me in rehab for 2 months.

I sent word to OP to tell gardener to plant them. On return home, observed Zero growth!!!

Wondering if miscommunication. I wanted gardener to fertilize ESTABLISHED roses pruned in January.

Could he have misunderstood and also fertilized bare roots (which is a No-No) and could that have let to their demise?

Would appreciate input from rose folks.

This is So Cal coastal.

HB

Reply to
Hypatia Nachshon

Really still curious about this. Never happened before w/bare roots. I wasn't there to observe, but seems odd to me. Any parallel experiences, or possible explanations?

Reply to
Hypatia Nachshon

observed Zero growth!!!

I wasn't there to observe, but seems odd to me. Any parallel experiences, or possible explanations?

I could have guessed it was So Cal. I hired the neighbor's gardener one time who appeared to understand what I was telling him. Then when I went to check on the work, I was missing a grapefruit sapling, and one of his crew was standing on a block wall trimming the neighbors bushes. They didn't even understand "stop" -- I had to go over to one and pull him away from where he was whacking at a rose bush. It was actually funny to me. But I don't like grapefruit, opposite from the lovely wife. Turned out the guy was only nodding and smiling and didn't understand a word. Fortunately the neighbor was also OK with the trimming. Then once I showed them what I needed done, they did a good job. Next time I'll be sure to ask him to repeat what he is supposed to before starting.

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney