Desperate Help To Kill Grass

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 15:42:45 -0400, Frank

Sealing won't stop moss from growing.
On 3/25/2014 5:42 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

No, I get it on smoother surfaces like aluminum siding. Just thinking, if pressure washer can remove stones, it may need sealing.
Dan.Espen wrote:

You'd have to show it.

There's no environmental impact with a metal roof... the only impact is your wallet.
On 03/25/2014 02:49 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

It messes up your radio and tv reception. And it lasts forever if done right. And, think of how much easier it is to walk without that big lump in your wallet! :-)
Be careful of galvanic corrosion. You just have to get the right screws and stuff and a roofer that knows what he is doing.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped
David E. Ross wrote:

This is a good idea, the later versions of Roundup contain a wetting agent.

Sounds to me like cheap bastard disease.

The roof on the left is the worst one. That was 13 years ago. That stand of trees is much larger now:
http://mysite.verizon.net/despen/deck/patio-paver-compact.html

I'm not going to put a metal roof on a colonial. Especially not one section and leave the rest with red shingles. And I'm not going to lose the roof either. Have some faith, I'll take care of the problem.
--
Dan Espen

Dan.Espen wrote:

Would help to see a recent photo that shows more of the roof and offending trees than the ground.

That photo was quite a while ago and your roof looks old then, perhaps it's time for a new roof anyway. And today's metal roofs are gorgeous, highly desireable, and they are used on all styles of homes, and in that photo I don't see a colonial, I see no second story, looks more like a ranch. But no matter, metal roofs (standing seam) look great on all sorts of buildings. http://www.ascbp.com/gallery/index.html http://www.atas.com/photo-gallery/project-of-the-year

Another mangled post.
Just about any email client SHOULD do the job, but a specialized news client is usually better. Back when I tried Mozilla (Thunderbird precursor) it was pretty damn simple. You should have tried harder.
--
Dan Espen

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 09:57:48 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Dan.Espen) wrote:

Forte Agent works fine: http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php
On Thursday, March 27, 2014 8:17:50 AM UTC-7, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Actually, I was a faithful Agent user for YEARS, way back. It was considered one of the most powerful email clients.
Can't remember why I didn't upgrade from earlier versions, which are by now much more sophisticated. I think it was when they made you pay extra for NG access? Whatever the reason, it was a bad decision.
From time to time I tell myself to get back with Agent, then put it off, overwhelmed by daily **** and the apprehension that I might not be able to handle the later builds.
Maybe this will give me the requisite kick in the pants.
Tx to all.
HB
On 03/27/2014 11:24 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

Hi Higgs,
I support Thunderbird professionally. If you decide to give it a try, if you need help, you can always ping me in the subject line. You have helped me with so many other things and stayed a complete gentleman when we have disagreed on things, I'd be tickled to be able to help you back.
-T
--
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped
On Thursday, March 27, 2014 11:30:51 AM UTC-7, Todd wrote:

Aw Todd, ya made mah day! I'll keep your generous offer in mind as I attempt to move out of the universe dominated by the 800 lb Google gorilla!
HB