dendrobium attacked by squirrel

I had to move my budding dendrobium into the screened porch , from the shaded arbor, that they love , there is only one bud left on the spike, do you think it will still bloom ? Does anyone know how to keep squirrels away ? short of bullets ? It's heart breaking. Jillian

Reply to
jillian

Chicken wire is very thin, so it's relatively unobtrusive. Make a cylindrical cage around the plant. Attach to ground with tent stakes, or a couple of those green sticks sold in garden centers. Not the prettiest idea, but hey....this is WAR! You should see what I've got in mind for the deer next season.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Chicken wire, netting. That bloom may still bloom. I have a Den Sarkura blooming for me right now!

Reply to
Johnny Borborigmi