delurk (hello! :)) and questions

hi everyone, I figured its time to delurk and ask a couple questions at the same time....

First, does anyone out there have a source for the Orbit line of drip irrigation products? I've been searching the internet and have yet to come up with a good source for that particular brand. The local walmart used to sell it, but they decided its not profitable enough and stopped carrying it.

Second, a friend of mine asked about getting an apple tree that will grow next to her pine trees. Are there any apple trees that will do well in that kind of acidic soil?

Reply to
me

You might have to find a local irrigation shop to see if they have it. That wal-mart deal means the company would not Kiss Wal-Mart's A@S and drop their price, GOOD FOR THEM!!! Also you might check out hardware stores too.

Apple trees need lots of sun and I have never seen them grown around pine trees, that's a mix of plants that just doesn't work I think.

Reply to
Starlord

Here's a list of orbit retailers.

are no acid tollerant apples that I know of. Your friend may choose to create a birm or mound of soil and plant into it. The soil will be the correct ph and will be less work than digging and amending.

Reply to
Timothy

I'm not the greatest gardener but I have yellow delicious apple trees growing 15' from my pine "forest" (in the middle of several acres of an overgrown Christmas tree farm). I have never tested the soil but always assumed it was acidic. Trees doing good, good tasting apples. FYI

Diane

Reply to
DK