delia

any tips on keeping delias thanks jackie

Reply to
jackie

And a Delia is what?

Do you mean Dahlia?

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

Is this you Zieglar ?

It's DALIAS not delias you IDIOT

pest

Reply to
Mommy Bartlo

Maybe the subject is into labor intensive groundcover and meant "Wedelia".

Cereoid-UR12- wrote:

Reply to
J Kolenovsky

Don't break the tubers apart. Store them in a cool but not freezing basement away from the furnace. Don't allow them to go moldy or to dry out and shrivel(you may have to moisten them). Bushel baskets full of peat or wood shavings work good but so does shredded newspaper.

Reply to
Beecrofter

Pot calling the pot a pot?

Its spelled DAHLIA.

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

For the best advice try this site

the best I had was in a store where I had picked up a pre packed Dahlia tuber....the girl at the checkout didn't have a price so called to the supervisor..."How much is this Delilah?"

Reply to
David Hill

Reply to
Joseph Bartlo

Named after Anders Dahl, a Swedish botanist.

Reply to
Andrew Ostrander

Yes, and the genus is mispronounced in common parlance but that's another story.

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-