delia

any tips on keeping delias thanks jackie
And a Delia is what?
Do you mean Dahlia?

Maybe the subject is into labor intensive groundcover and meant "Wedelia".
Cereoid-UR12- wrote:

--

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
Is this you Zieglar ?

Pot calling the pot a pot?
Its spelled DAHLIA.

Named after Anders Dahl, a Swedish botanist.

Yes, and the genus is mispronounced in common parlance but that's another story.

The cowardly, anonymous pest posting as Mommy Bartlo wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk (jackie) wrote in message

Don't break the tubers apart. Store them in a cool but not freezing basement away from the furnace. Don't allow them to go moldy or to dry out and shrivel(you may have to moisten them). Bushel baskets full of peat or wood shavings work good but so does shredded newspaper.
For the best advice try this site http://www.dahlias.net/dahwebpg/CultureIndex/Culture.htm
And the best I had was in a store where I had picked up a pre packed Dahlia tuber....the girl at the checkout didn't have a price so called to the supervisor..."How much is this Delilah?"
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries