defoliated mimosa

My mimosa tree was beautiful all summer with lots of blooms and now has many seed pods - but all the leaves have fallen off the tree. The bark is still green under the surface of the branches so it is still alive, but I cant figure out why all the leaves were lost. Is this normal mimosa behavior? Thanks.
Where do you live? Any chance you has mimosa webworms a few week ago??
--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC