DEET Question

Page 2 of 2
http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/factsheets/chemicals/deet.htm
I would not believe the carcinogen claim that others mention. Also, even if there is concern about minor claims, test animals are usually dosed to the point where they are swimming in it and EPA and OSHA extrapolate data points to zero where in real life curves do not go to zero, i.e. small quantites have no effect.
I've hunted early deer seasons in marshy areas where bugs are unbelievable.
For me, clothes keep mosquitos away and I only spray around ankles to prevent chigger bites and face and hands for ticks and mosquitos.