Deer Drape or fencing?

I just planted 2 young apple trees in my yard (Michigan). Last time I planted apple trees they got chomped to the ground by what we assumed was deer. I just went to the store to get fencing and saw a product the salesman said to "drape" over the trees to prevent the deer from damaging them. It was made of lightweight black plastic mesh. They sold a similar item for birds. Does this work? Or should I get fencing. If so, what height/diameter strength is needed? Many thanks, Joy

Reply to
Joy Hardie