Deer despair

Page 2 of 2

Depends on your browser, I think. I'm using Mozilla 1.7.3 and it asks me what I want to do, open the zip or save it to my desktop. Maybe if you save it (right click on it and select "Save target as" and save it to your desktop you can open it with Winzip and play it from there.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Thanks for your help - I have finally managed to view the video - unfortunaltely we don't have any squirrels where we live. I have tried hair from the vacuum cleaner as I understand they don't like human hair. I also tried spraying but that does mean regular attention. I wondered about a wire on the ground which triggered a noise to scare them - is there anything similar on the market? Don't want ugly fencing near the house.
expounded:

First, try hanging cloth bags or stockings full of smelly deodorant bar soap around the garden. Works best if shredded like cheese. My friend had success with Irish Spring, if you have that brand there. He had a bunch of young apple trees which were being nibbled by deer. He ran out of soap while hanging the stockings, leaving 2 trees unprotected for a few days until he could get to the store for more soap. The "treated" trees were left alone, while the unprotected ones were still nibbled. Not 100% scientific, but it worked (and still works) for him.
As far as ugly fencing, you might consider an electric fence. The wires can be mounted on wooden posts which aren't ugly. Use a timer to shut the system off at certain times of day, or you're concerned about people being tingled.
you need to have winzip installed. Ingrid