Dedicated Composting Pile versus Tossing Scraps Into the Garden

Page 2 of 2

GMOs have been shown to make other species sick, but there have been no feeding trials done on human beings. Americans are the guinea pigs in this trial, and the results aren't in yet, but there are lots of worrisome thing that we already know. GMOs come with an ubiquitous antibiotic marker, with will lead to bacterial resistance to it. Enabler genes from the cauliflower mosaic virus, may turn on segments of DNA that are now, dormant, and a host protein assembler (a spliceosome) will mistake exoRNA and produce an unique protein, perhaps an allergen. Stay tuned.
I'm not aware of any plant diseases transmitted by GMOs. There biggest risk is the uncertainty inherent in them. GMOs also do seem to produce better than natural (organic) plants, except for dent corn, which has be bred to thrive on NH3, and has permitted the human population to expand to 7 billion people.
--
E Pluribus Unum

Know where your money is tonight?
Damaeus wrote:

This seems a non sequitur to me, what has this assertion got to do with composting? Do you have any reason to say this?
snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Dick Adams) wrote:

Banana peels are a natural source of the phosphorus and potassium.