Decaisnea Fargesii - blue pods and black seeds

Have collected some seeds from plant I wish to move, but as insurance, I wish to also start off some seeds. Unfortunately, horticultural publications are little use. Can anyone with actual experience of this large shrub advise whether or not seeds from blue pods require stratification, chilling before-hand etc, or tell me wherther or not they can simply be planted in usual compost/sand mix in a frost-free greenhouse?

-- Regards Mike Gilmore WinsfordWalledGarden

Reply to
Mike Gilmore

greenhouse?

Very easy to germinate and requires no stratification - sow when ripe in your usual medium and overwinter in your greenhouse. You should see germination in spring as temperatures warm.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal