Dead areas in new sod

Hi all -- About a month and a half ago I had sod put down in a couple of areas on my property, and for the most part it's established itself well. However, in one of the areas there are several good-sized brown spots where the new sod has died. Those areas are surrounded by green, so I'm wondering what I should do with the dead stuff. Should I cut it out and overseed, or will the new sod send runners out eventually that will sprout up in the dead areas? Your thoughts and advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance!
Rhonda Richmond, VA USDA Zone 7
****************** Each of us, a cell of awareness imperfect and incomplete Genetic blends with uncertain ends on a fortune-hunt that's far too fleet
Natty_Dread wrote:

The person/company that put down the sod should replace it for free. If you end up removing it and reseeding don't forget to build up the soil to the proper level before you put down the seed.

USDA Zone 8
On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:31:58 GMT, "Travis"

So what planet do you work on?