daylily rebloom ??

I have a variety of daylilys including night beacon, shangri-la pink, lavender achievement,ice carnival, not all of which I can identify, some of which are rebloomers ala black-eyed stella and d'oro.

This past season was unusually wet and not very warm for the northeast (midstate NY). Everything is mulched wirth decomposed leaf mulch in the fall, and early spring after breaking ground and then I use 15-15-15. Plants all got a great start and fans were larger than normal.

Only dark star had a marginal rebloom in early Sept. I have an unknown, medium height, plain yellow that bloomed four weeks before the stella' d'oro and in past years, reblooms in Sept but only one scape in ten mounds this season.

Are there any specific recommendations for fertilizing during the season specific to reblooming capability.

Another thought is to cut back the fans to the ground just after first blooms and generate new growth and then possibly new blooms?

The old ditch lily turn brown during middle of summer and I lop them off ASAP and they regrow like wildfire berfore first frost.

Any advice would be appreciated or should I just rack this season up to odd weather pattern?

Stew Corman from sunny Endicott

Reply to
scorman

Hehe. I hadn't heard the term 'ditch lily' in a loooooong time. :P

Tracey

Reply to
Tracey

You might email Ida at

and see what she suggests. It may be as simple as a nutrient or 2 depeleted in the soil or dividing the rhizomes.

good folks there.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I know this year was a poor one for my rebloomers. Divide in the spring and hope for a better August for the daylilies next year.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak