Darkness...

Does any one have info on how plants need darkness for their chlorophyll to develop. Has there been a control experiment done on this? Are there specific plants that need darkness more than others?
Around here we have the blue hair patrol looking to blot out any dark for security reasons.
Btw, do any girls want to come over and dance in my garden?

Check with your town. Some municipalities are enacting light pollution laws. Mainly, they're intended to deal with putzes who have motion sensor lights which blind everyone within 1000 feet of their home.

I always thought that motion detector lights should have to be put on the property perimeters and point toward the house that put them up. That would take care of that in short order.

Do you live in the United States? :-)
Your idea is a good one. Unfortunately, that's not the case 99% of the time. Besides being an annoyance to anyone trying to enjoy the stars at night, it defeats the main purpose, security. Ask any cop. If they receive a burglary call, they pull up to a house and are instantly blinded by the lights which are supposed to aid in security. What a joke!