Dark Spots on Tomato Plants

: 7bit
I have what looks like small specs of black dirt on the stems of my tomato plants. Does anyone know if this is some type of insect infestation? It's on the beefstake, but not the cherry tomatoes.
brsher wrote:

I found this post on another fourm and thought it might be helpful to you.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gardens.edible/browse_thread/thread/b77eff08fc3aad51
Post back and let us know what you find out. I for one would be very interested.
HTH
Mark