Dance Partners Wanted

Does anyone have an idea for a planting partner for my snakeshead fritillaries?
I planted them in the damp ground at the edge of a pond last autumn and they have done well - but they look so self conscious, standing there all alone like wallflowers on a dance floor. I don't want anything taller, and it would have to be something that would flower at the same time. Most of the pond plants seem to come out a little later - otherwise small irises might have been perfect.
Any suggestions welcome!
Sue
--
Sue Holt

Mimulus, Brass Buttons, Pennyroyal.

I came across a small iris in flower on Sunday - Iris tenuifolia. Since it's not long since I saw Fritillaria meleagris in flower perhaps they would do. (OTOH, the Iris tenuifolia was growing in a raised bed, so perhaps the edge of a pond is not the ideal place for them.)

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley