Damaged Hedge

Hi all, Im looking for some advice and hoping someone here can help. I chained my bicycle around the trunk of my garden hedge and some lowlife sawn through the trunk in order to steal my bike. I dont really care about losing my bike as it was old and not really worth nicking but now my hedge is damaged. I known nothing about gardening. Can this be fixed or how do i go about replacing a hedge? Thanks K
--
krugar400

krugar400 wrote:

What is the hedging plant? Many will re-shoot from the stump. If it is such then re-growing this way is quicker than digging it out and starting again.
On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 18:16:23 +0000, krugar400

With most privet hedges the stump will regrow. In fact with old over grown hedges with thick trunks folks often cut them back to within a few inches of the ground... within a couple three years they have a nice revitalized more managable hedge. I'd concern myself more about finding who stole your bike and saw his legs off... see how he likes having stumps.