Dahlias from seed

Any point in starting them at this point in the year? Found an ol
packet of seeds and they have germinated v quickly. Can move them to greenhouse or keep indoors. Havent raised from seed before. Do the need a spring and or summer growing season to establish tubers? T
-- Jardin

Yes, pretty much. I'd base the greenhouse decision on the cost of keeping it warm until spring. I certainly wouldn't do it just for the dahlias. But, if you're going to keep the greenhouse "conditioned" anyway all winter, then include the dahlias.