Dahlia over winter

The local newspaper gardener said to carry over dahlias is to wrap them in plastic wrap. This seems contrary to the normally accepted way of storing then in slightly damp peat moss. Any opinions on this?

I would avoid plastic wrap. They need to breath and the plastic may promote rotting. I dig mine and shake off the excess soil. I poke some holes in a plastic garbage bag and line a cardboard box. I put rhizomes and tubers in the lined box and loosely fold the bag over and close the box. This allows them to breath but slows down moisture loss.
On the Dahlia-net we do have people who grow large numbers of dahlias and some of them dig the tubers, clean and let cure and then wrap them in sran wrap and store them in a cool place for the winter. So yes, that is one among many ways of storing them.

The Forgotten
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/forgotten.htm
Thanks for the input. I think I'll do half in saran wrap and half in peat moss.

I've always had alot of luck by just rinsing them off, letting them dry for a few days and then wrapping them in plain paper bags. I've never had a problem using this method :-)