d'Anis Pear

In 2000, I grafted scions of a European pear named d'Anis to one of my pear trees. Has anyone grown this pear to fruiting? Can you offer any description of the fruit?
It is hard to search out on the web. I found this link:
http://www.ars-grin.gov/cor/catalogs/pyrcult.html
which says that Todd Kennedy submitted it to the Natl. Germplasm Repository - Corvallis in 1996.
It is hard to sift the 'hits' from anise flavored pear tarts and pear and anise scented candles, etc.
Thanks,
John

Check Google's advanced search options. You may be able to limit the search to addresses ending in "edu". That won't guarantee no recipes, but it should cut down the noise to some extent. And, you might drill down into web sites from agricultural schools like Cornell and Texas A&M.