cuttings from English Laurel

Can anyone point me to a reference on HOW to make "cuttings" from a "potted" English Laurel.
Thanks
Ray wrote:

You can of course do a google search for a detailed explanantion, but English laurel is extremely easily grown from cuttings. Take softwood (this season's new growth, still with green stems) cuttings now, about 6 inches in length. Remove a portion of the foliage by holding the leaves together and cutting them in half - this reduces the surface area available for transpiration so the cutting focuses on root growth. Dip the cut end into rooting hormone and place in a rooting medium of 50%-50% peat and sand. Keep moist. You might want to construct a simple greenhouse by using a pop bottle with the base removed or a plastic bag to maintain high humidity and prevent the cutting from drying out. Keep out of direct sun. In about 6-8 weeks your laurel should be rooted and can be potted up into a large container. It should be ready to plant out, although still very small, next spring.
pam - gardengal
David,
Thanks. I live in the Pacific Northwest. We have a super store called Home Depot. I was given two "Prunus laurocerasus 'Compacta Improved'. Kind of a joke, I'd say.
"...leaves are a bit smaller and darker than the regular English Laurel...
Your directions are wonderful.
Can I take the the "cuttings" now before I "un-pot" the plants in the ground?
Thanks agian.

".... Can I take the "cuttings" now before I "un-pot" the plants in the ground? ....."
I would wait till Autumn(Fall), they wont like the higher temp.
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries