Cutting new grass

The local township had to dig up part of my front yard to put in a pipe. They finally reseeded it in September, and the grass is coming along although it is not thick yet. I live in Pittsburgh, and was wondering if I should mow it this fall or just let it grow until spring? It is getting somewhat high.
Tom
On 22 Oct 2006 13:11:26 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@city-net.com wrote:

Mow it at the highest setting. You could add more seed and starter fertilizer. Grass actually grows roots in the winter.

I agree. This will also achieve another purpose: It's help the grass compete with the weed seed contained in the crappy mixture that municipalities & utilities often use.

I'd tend to let it go over the winter, unless it's already matting down.