Cure for dog urine smell outside?

Dog Bane works real well, plant it one foot above soil level.

John

Reply to
John Watson

No, that's not what I said, nor implied. We have a large backyard and when our Ozzy was alive he'd have free reign of the garden whenever he wanted. However, we also took him on walks every night and morning so he, too, could get out and see things other than our yard. We'd take him to an open field or lot, or place where he didn't pee on anyone's things. Leaving a dog in a run to pee constantly in one spot is not only cruel, it's disgusting for the dog and the owner forcing those conditions on the poor dog.

escapee

I had the same problem. I have 2 large dogs and they did their thing in a corner in the back of the yard and it started to smell awful. I was told to put down some cedar mulch right over the area. I did it in April and so far its worked. I didn't have much grass growing there anymore so I didn't mind doing it. The dogs got used to doing their thing on the mulch the same day.

kim

Reply to
Shadow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

wet the area down thoroughly with some active yeast dissolved in water. keep the area moist. if you did not have live plants there, you could use a 10% chlorine bleach solution. Yeast is what is sold to process the contents of septic tanks, it digests the organic waste and thus removes the odor.

hermine

Reply to
hermine stover

I use a good shot of Joy dish soap into a gallon of water to cut odor. Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

Just watering the area should be enough, but if not, then churn the soil to loosen it up in the area, reseed the grass (or plant a flowering shrub if the dog doesn't need the entire space), & keep the area well-watered. Watering will wash the urine deeper into the soil where microorganisms break it down into healthful nitrogen. It is only urine close to the surface that is working up an unhealthful bacterial colony that releases ammonia.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat