Cure for dog urine smell outside?

Page 2 of 2

Sugar. Right. Rumor has it that ants like it, too. Nothing wrong with ants in NATURALLY OCCURRYING numbers, but it might not be real smart to change those numbers.

Dog Bane works real well, plant it one foot above soil level.
John
we use a squirt of Joy dish soap in a bucket of water to slosh down the cement where out guys lift their legs, but you could try spraying the area with soapy water and see how it works. Ingrid

Thanks everyone for all the input. I have several things to try now, and certainly that includes watering the area regularly (makes good sense) during the summer.
BTY, I DO walk my dog. Also, getting rid of her as a 'treatment' for this annoyance is NOT an option. Thanks, Bob
How about just using a hose and spraying down the area, hoping to wash away (dillute) the urine. Or set a sprinkler to run for a few hours. If that fails, get a bigger yard or a smaller dog. good luck, Matt in MI

I had the same problem. I have 2 large dogs and they did their thing in a corner in the back of the yard and it started to smell awful. I was told to put down some cedar mulch right over the area. I did it in April and so far its worked. I didn't have much grass growing there anymore so I didn't mind doing it. The dogs got used to doing their thing on the mulch the same day.
kim
we use mulch on the non cement areas and DH rakes it all up and disposes of it when it starts smelling. very easy actually. Ingrid