cucumbers

I tried to grow cucumbers the last couple years, and though I got decent cucumber plants, no cucumbers. Is there some trick to growing them? I'm going to try a different part of my garden area this year, maybe that will make a difference.
Tomatoes and zucchini grow very well here.
Gus wrote:

I grew cukes last year and had pretty good success. I was giving away cukes!
I built me a trellis with 4 legs, stapled plastic netting around each leg, and tied them together at the top, planted the cukes at the base of each leg and trained them to grow up the trellis. I had 2 set-ups like this.. one was planted a few weeks before the other one, so when the first one quit producing the second one was still putting out fruit until frost.
--
Natural Girl

On Monday, May 6, 2013 1:49:56 PM UTC-4, Gus wrote:

Did you get any blossoms? It sounds like a pollination issue.

I don't remember seeing any flowers. If there were, not many. But the couple plants I had appeared fairly healthy.
Gus wrote:

Did the cukes not produce flowers or did they produce flowers but you got no fruit?

Do you have enough insect to ferlise the flowers of your cukes? It might be worth your while to buy a soft haired watercolour paint brush and go round shoving it into the flowers of your cukes.