Crocuses

So my crocuses have done their flowering bit and now are jusr long green/white leaves. I'm new to gardening, what do I do with them now?

Richard Ansell

Hello Richard,

You leave the foliage there so the plant can photosynthesize and restore energy for next springs bloom. When the foliage browns out, you can then carefully remove it using a garden scissor.

Reply to
Jangchub

Richard,

Just leave them alone until they turn yellow (or brown). The leaves help "feed" the bulb for next year's bloom. A little bone meal will help too.

Reply to
Bill R

Thanks for the reply, Bill. Just leaving them sounds a good option to me. I've got some bone meal so will use that too.

Richard.

Bill R;787835 Wrote:

Reply to
Richard Ansell