Crepe myrtle trees

Andy asks:

Dpes anyone have a method for taking sprigs off a crepe mryrle trees and sticking them in the ground and getting new trees to grow from the sprigs ?

Thanks,

Andy

Reply to
AndyS

Not much method to it, just do it. Greater success is realized if you shade the cuttings a bit and keep them well watered. I prefer using what is sold as one gallon container pots, but the garden or flower bed works.

Regards,

Hal

Reply to
Hal

Andy replies:

Thanks Hal. I was wondering where to cut the sprig, how long should it be, how far to stick it in the soil, any pre-soaking required --- stuff like that.

Andy

Reply to
AndyS

Easy to google up:

I think I'll do my neighbors which borders on my lot ;) Frank

Reply to
Frank

Andy writes: Thanks Frank, that website told me exactly what I needed to know, I think.... I'll give it a shot this summer........

Andy in Eureka

( If you have at least three spare chains in the garage for your chainsaw, you might live in Eureka, Texas )

Reply to
AndyS