Crepe myrtle trees

Andy asks:
Dpes anyone have a method for taking sprigs off a crepe mryrle trees and sticking them in the ground and getting new trees to grow from the sprigs ?
Thanks,
Andy

Not much method to it, just do it. Greater success is realized if you shade the cuttings a bit and keep them well watered. I prefer using what is sold as one gallon container pots, but the garden or flower bed works.
Regards,
Hal
Andy replies:
Thanks Hal. I was wondering where to cut the sprig, how long should it be, how far to stick it in the soil, any pre-soaking required --- stuff like that.
Andy
Easy to google up: http://www.ag.auburn.edu/hort/landscape/crapemyrtle2.htm Now I think I'll do my neighbors which borders on my lot ;) Frank
Andy writes: Thanks Frank, that website told me exactly what I needed to know, I think.... I'll give it a shot this summer........
Andy in Eureka
( If you have at least three spare chains in the garage for your chainsaw, you might live in Eureka, Texas )