Covered porch with windowboxes on the railing.

I need some suggestions for plants that don't need direct sunlight. I want to plant something in the boxes that have some color. Impatiens do not do so well but I will use them again if no suggestions are forthcoming.
BetsyB

See what Thompson and Morgan has in their catalog. You could put some trailing ivy in with whatever you decide on to add interest. I think begonias do well in shade.