Could someone test this please..?

Good day, I was hoping that some of you could test my site. It's address is: www.resources.ywgc.com
I'm reassembling an old gardening site that I had and combined my old photo site into it also. Killing 2 birds with one dot com address.
Does the color scheme work for you..? Is the font size ok? Is the navigation through out the site easy enough? Any and all comments are welcome. Thank you for your time. Timothy
On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 20:28:36 -0800, Timothy wrote:

404 ?
On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:41:33 +0000, bigjon wrote:

Thanks for the reply. The problem was with my dns host. I didn't add the 'www' part. All is working now. Thank you for your time. Timothy
You should reconcile the names of the various links mentioned in the text with the actual names of the links. You should be consistent. At the present, most of the names do not match.
photo area / photographs
Information Area / Information
Bookmarks Area / Links
Site List / Site Map

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:40:15 +0000, Cereus-validus-........... wrote:

Thank you for your time and suggestion. I've corrected the home page. Hope this works better.

The Contact page lists neither an address or a phone number, must be out of business, no?

USDA Zone 8
On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 19:27:50 +0000, Travis M. wrote:

Good day Travis. I'm in business (and still even have work here in the wet north west at this time of the year), but this isn't my business page. This is my business page:
www.ywgc.com
I had a bunch of articles posted on my business site for my customers, but I've decide to seperate the two.... and add my photos to the mix also. I have 20 or so more articles to re-format for the new site and I have a bunch of graphics work still to do, but I figured that I'd have some of you good folks test the page to find any construction errors. I'm a linux man and I do not have access to Internet Destroyer to see what it does to my handy work. Thanks for your time.
Timothy wrote:

Before I give any serious attention to a Web page, I test it. Here are the results.
29 XHTML 1.0 Transitional errors no CSS errors no W3C WCAG level A accessibility errors
Let me know when you fix the XHTML errors, and I'll take another look. To find the errors, go to <http://validator.w3.org/detailed.html and select "Show Source" so that you can see the numbered lines.
--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/
On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:59:21 -0800, David Ross wrote:

Good day David, Thanks for viewing my site today. I was wondering who ran my site through validator.... 80)
"Before I give any serious attention to a Web page, I test it"
Is this to mean that you test all your site builds..... or the sites that you use? While I strive to be fully compliant, it's not them end all and be all of web design. When I run : http://www.google.com /
through:
http://validator.w3.org/detailed.html
It returns : Failed validation, 51 errors
Does this mean that you will not take google.com seriously?
In fear of starting a pointless arguement........ Thanks for your time. Timothy
Timothy wrote:

See my <http://www.rossde.com/internet/Webdevelopers.html . You can skip to "Why Validate Web Pages?" and "Standards: Why and How".
--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/
On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 23:35:43 -0800, David Ross wrote:

I orginally posted to the group to get a feel for the color, shape, readability of the page and over all feel for the subject. I was fully aware that the page was non-compliant, but my compliance error wasn't going to effect the over-all structure of the page. All my page errors were due to Quanta+ using the XHTML dtd by default.
While I agree with the statements on your page in general, it's an idealistic view of the world in general. I personaly strive to be fully compliant, but I understand that the majority of the web pages on the internet are not and they are completely viewible in all major browsers. Google, yahoo and msn all are non-compliant but completely viewible. Are they full viewible by the disabled...? Don't really know, but it is a good point.
For your peace of mind, you may now use my site as it is full compliant (for the most part, not going to hack my image galleries. Konqueror's image gallery maker creates bad but viewible code.).
Timothy wrote:

Okay, I finally got around to viewing some of your Web pages. Generally, they are okay; but I have a few criticisms.
Your Contacts page might be better if you also included a postal address.
Your use of an orange background (#ff9933) with white in some of your boxes means that people with visual handicaps might have trouble reading the text. This affect not only those with some visual impairment but also those with color blindness.
In general, your links do not change color when their pages are visited. Many will find this annoying.
Your home page now has 159 HTML 4.01 Strict errors versus 29 XHTML 1.0 Transitional errors previously. Your style-sheet now has 1 error versus no errors previously.
--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:54:08 -0800, David Ross wrote:

O' I knew you would 80P ........

I really don't want my postal address out there in the wide internet like that. I get enough junk mail and really don't want anonymous net trolls to show up at my door. The resource pages are not to generate local customers for my business.

Of course you have to view it when I'm playing with colors. I went and got a web safe color wheel.... seems to make things worse for me. Way too many choices. I'm sure the colors will change 5 more time before the end of the night 80)

Whoa.....! How does the validator return that to you? When I check I get a green light? The css error is really a work around for an internet destroyer bug. Keeps the navigation tabs from jumping around in IE. Just for full disclousre, many of the pages do not validate due to google adsence's script code. They generate 4 errors and I'm not about to fix them. Adsence forbids it.
--
http://resources.ywgc.com

Timothy wrote:

<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=www.resources.ywgc.com
But now there are only 9 HTML 4.01 Strict errors. You must still be tweaking the page.
Some of these errors might go away if your page were HTML 4.01 Transitional instead of HTML 4.01 Strict. I use HTML 4.01 Transitional because it takes much less markup to format a page (e.g., doing things with deprecated tags and attributes instead of doing EVERYTHING with CSS).
--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/