Could It Soon Be Against The Law To Have A Home Garden In The U.S. ???

What are your 5 favorite news sources?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:P9c8o.41026$F% snipped-for-privacy@newsfe10.iad:

If I were to provide you with that information, what would you do with it?

How would you respond if I said my favorite news sources were Regis Philbin, Glenn Beck, Ronn Owens, Sarah Palin, and Bob Woodward? Would it make a difference if I said I liked Fox News? MSNBC? CBS? Mother Jones? Associated Press? BBC? Al Jazeera? Or the local Alternative Press' weekly publication?

~~BB

Reply to
BB

It's fun to ask the question because some people can't even name ONE news source which they consult regularly.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:cuw8o.11325$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe20.iad:

Some people don't consult any "news sources" at all regularly. And along with the question you ignored, why are you asking? So you can ridicule those that don't use the same news sources that you use?

Reply to
Zootal

Right. I just said that. Thanks for agreeing.

I explained why I asked. You're pretending I didn't. That tactic ALWAYS fails.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Again you fail to answer the question(s) you were asked. That tactic, too, ALWAYS fails.

Reply to
Zootal

The questions were absurd.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:wOA8o.55798$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe15.iad:

Dismissing valid questions by calling them absurd is yet another tactic that ALWAYS fails.

Reply to
Zootal

When the questions are worth answering, I'll let you know. Have a nice day.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:cuw8o.11325$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe20.iad:

You may be right on that point. But that means the point of the question was to determine if I was worthy of your ridicule based on whether or not I could name some news sources.

~~BB

Reply to
BB

I wasn't sure if this is the first you'd heard of Monsanto's tricks. The subject has been mentioned by many news sources which are aimed at grownups. I believe Fox even made mention of Monsanto's tricks a few years back.

So, is this the first you've heard about it?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Reply to
Billy

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:IAW8o.62268$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe18.iad:

It still appears that the point of your question (and, frankly, your somewhat snarky reply above) was to determine if I was worthy of your ridicule.

In any event, we're straying far off topic here now. So all I'll say is that, no, this is not the first I've "heard about it", and no, I still don't believe that Monstanto is necessarily evil. And, that's where we'll leave it. (Well, I will anyway...)

~~BB

Reply to
BB

Billy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c-61-68-245-199.per.connect.ne t.au:

I've read through those links. And it seems the best answer is to not buy Monsanto's products. If you break an agreement (in these cases, that a farmer is not to save seed--regardless of the tradition of doing so), you should expect to pay the consequences. If a farmer wants to save seed, don't buy GM (Gentically modified) seed from Monsanto.

As far as the seed cleaner co-ops go, make the customers sign a waiver that they are not providing patented GM seed to be cleaned.

Monsanto is just trying to protect its patent. (Yes, it seems they're doing so rather aggressively.) Why *wouldn't* a patent holder try to protect its patent? That's the point of *getting* a patent. (I'm, of course, ignoring the "can life be patented?" discussion; currently, the patents are valid so we go with that.)

I think another issue in this Monsanto "discussion" is the lack of legal knowledge on the part of the farmers. I'm not accusing all farmers of just being country bumkins with a piece of hay in their mouth but farming requires an entirely different set of knowledge than being a lawyer. So there's probably a perception of being railroaded by something the farmer doesn't quite understand.

(Yes, I'm aware of the stories of Monsanto going after farmers who never planted Monsanto's GM seed but are accused by Monsanto of violating/stealing the patented product.)

All in all, the solution appears to be to not buy Monsanto's GM seed. With enough people doing that, the market will probably take care of itself and the problem will go away.

(We've once again strayed far off topic; so this is the last I'll post on this.)

~~BB

Reply to
BB