Couch Grass in Compost

First time user of Gardenbanter - please excuse any errors.

I have plenty of Couch grass in my allotment. Having dug some of i out, I would like to do something positive with it. In a book o Bio-dynamic Gardening, it was suggested that it should be added to th compost heap. It is apparently rich in nutrients.

I am tempted to leave it to dry out thoroughly and perhaps even shre it. Would this be safe, or crazy?

I know that it has herbal benefits, but can it be re-cycled to good u in the garden. Any ideas or suggestions please

-- Brian Corbett

Reply to
Brian Corbett

Go for it. I have an anything goes, from dust to dust, attitude when it comes to compost. Though, I admit a need for a composting lesson myself.

Reply to
Mike