cottonester yellow leaves

I need some advice, we just planted some cottonester bushes along our fence about 3 weeks ago. A couple of the plants have several yellow leaves with small black dots on them. Since we just put them in we have been water them alot, can this be over watering? Thanks

Do you mean cotoneaster? An evergreen shrub/small tree with red berries?
If you do mean a cotoneaster then they don't need a lot of water - a bucket a week in warm weather should be enough for a new small bush.