Costco Tree Peonies and tundra

I recently was elated to see Tree Peonies for sale at Costco and without thinking that this is still February I bought 6 of them to replace what I lost from flooding last year. ( I am an artist and tree peonies are one of my favorite subjects) Problem is, just HOW do I keep these semi-dormant( a couple are showing life) from dying/leafing out? Right now I am storing them in a cool garage but should I water them at all (they are in plastic bags inside small boxes as sold in Costco). Advice from anyone would be appreciated.
rich haynes
On 2/16/04 10:59 AM, in article vN5Yb.53149$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny01.gnilink.net,

Hey MiniArtist?
That you?
Do you have a sun room and large pots? I suspect you could pot them up and hope.
Otherwise, as cool and as dark as possible. And keep the temperature constant.
--
Cheryl Isaak
AHS Region 4, USDA Zone 4B/5A
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

yup, it's me.....no sunroom. What about watering?
rich ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com)
On 2/16/04 11:41 AM, in article Xo6Yb.53229$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny01.gnilink.net,

I'd keep it light.
Have you asked Ted White - he's peony expert! Cheryl