Cosmos

Last year we had a fine display of orange/yellow cosmos (Cosmos sulphureus I think). The plants seemed to self seed vigorously and have grown to over three feet tall this summer. Only snag, there do not appear to be any petals on the numerous flowers. Any suggestions as to what happened ?
I've been growing cosmos this year and have had that happen to, don't understand it.
-- "In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening towards an east that would not know another dawn. But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and along the path he once had followed, man would one day go again."
Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars
SIAR www.starlords.org Freelance Writers Shop http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com Telescope Buyers FAQ http://home.inreach.com/starlord